Shoeboxes for Soldiers
Want to send a little bit of home over to our troops for the Holidays? Here is how you can get involved and support Shoeboxes for Soldiers:
Make a quick shopping trip with the kids, get together with your coworkers, or get your church involved! Rather than an actual "shoebox" - we ask that all participants fill a Large Priority Mail Flat Rate Box (12”x12”x5.5”) from the U.S. Postal Service with an assortment of the items and gifts listed below...
- Clothing: Flip-flops, White socks, Army-green socks, Hats, Gloves and Blankets
- Healthcare: Body lotion, Toothbrush, Tooth paste, Contact-Lens Saline Solution, Band-Aids, Surgical tape, Gauze, Tylenol, Tums, Allergy/cold medicine, Gold Bond foot powder, Lotriman Ultra, baby wipes, sun block, Chapstick, Deodorant, Razors, Eye-Drops, Ben Gay, Icy Hot, Q-tips (Also consider putting together a supply box for a female soldier)
- Snacks: Beef jerky, Dried-fruit, Pop-Tarts, Hard Candy, Mixed Nuts, Granola Bars, Fruit Roll-ups, Ramen noodles, Tuna in a pouch, Gum, Mints, Powdered Drink Mixes, Nonperishable food items (No glass and No pork products please!)
- Morale: AA and AAA batteries, Board Games, Word-Search Books, Sudoku Puzzles, CD's, DVD's, Disposable Cameras, Pens and Pencils, Handheld Games
- Supply: Duct tape, Electrical tape, Super glue
- Include a "Thank You" card in the box
- PLEASE - Include $14 postage for each Priority Mail Box
- Additional requests from soldiers include: New or used electronics...like Nintendo, Wii, Playstation consoles and games
Deliver your "fully loaded," unsealed Priority Mail boxes to any Family Pharmacy location across the Ozarks! Don't worry about filling out the customs-forms...this is why we ask you to leave the boxes unsealed...our team of volunteers will catalog the contents of each box and fill out the appropriate customs forms for you - then seal your box and send it on.
For a complete list of Family Pharmacy locations, including addresses and phone numbers - follow this link: http://www.thefamilyrx.com/locations.php
Leave your postage money with the friendly Family Pharmacy crew, and know that you're putting a smile on the face of a local soldier this Christmas. These men and women sacrifice so much - as do their families - and they ask for very little in return. Imagine what a surprise it will be to receive a package from home, loaded with gifts and supplies, from neighbors and friends who just want to show how much we appreciate their service...Let's make this a memorable Christmas for these heroes who won't be spending the holiday season with their families.
** Please make checks payable to "Shoebox for Soldiers"
** You can support the program by making cash donations through the Seymour bank in Seymour and Rogersville
** Call "Shoebox for Soldiers" coordinator Rhonda Lutrull for more information, and to let her know of your support: 417.818.3046
Please make sure your "shoebox" is into a Family Pharmacy location by close of business on Wednesday, December 5th.
Learn more about Shoebox for Soldiers