Must Read- April 12, 2013: Missouri Concealed Carry, Missouri Legislation, Obama's Teleprompter
Missouri Concealed Carry:
The Feds requested Missouri Conceal Carry Weapons (CCW) holders information twice and it was given to them. Who knew about this and who was trying to cover the story up?
- VIDEO: Gov. Nixon denies state sent CCW info feds. (KSPR)
- Missouri Highway Patrol contradicts Gov. Nixon on CCW leak. (Red State)
- Nixon's staff told Homeland Security of Missouri document-scanning plan. (Missouri Watchdog)
- Feds requested, and got, names of all concealed carry owners in Missouri. (Washington Times)
- VIDEO: MO Senator Kurt Schaefer press conference on CCW info leak
Here are different pieces of Missouri legislation talked about on today's show with the Locke & Smith Foundation.
No Title: Authorizes the General Assembly to remove any department director or deputy director if it determines that the removal is necessary for the betterment of the public service
International Business Advertising: Creates the Missouri International Business Advertising Fund to be used to attract international business to Missouri.
County Budgets: Authorizes a county to amend its budget twice during the fiscal year when there are certain specified circumstances
County Treasurer Qualifications: Changes the laws regarding the qualifications for a candidate for county treasurer or county collector-treasurer.
Obsolete Election Statutes: Repeals obsolete statutes regarding elections.
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program: Establishes the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Act.
- House BIll 347
- Representative Kevin Engler (R- District 116)
- Senate Bill 233
- Senator David Sater (R-District 29)
Educator Quality: Changes the laws regarding the employment and evaluation of teachers.
The Locke & Smith Foundation judges pieces of legislation on nine criteria.
The HTC "First" Facebook phone launches today. How will Facebook interact differently on this Facebook specific phone
- HTC First Facebook phone launches Friday. (PC World)
A new company is allowing you to download free over the air television networks. Networks are law suing this company, but why?
- Fox threatens to leave network TV in protest over Aereo lawsuit. (Christian Science Monitor)
- Aereo, a small start-up, has infuriated television executives. (The Economist)
Don't mess with President Obama's teleprompter or you will get prison time.
- Man gets 7 years for stealing Obama's teleprompter. (NBC Chicago)
Lost Passport Applications:
Passport applications are going missing across America. 81 applications have gone missing out of the Springfield passport office in the Chestnut Expressway Post office.
Lots of new news comes out daily regarding Obamacare.
- Sebelius tries to blame GOP for coming Obamacare failures. (Investors Business Daily)
- Three ways Obamacare is failing. (Real Clear Politics)
- Obama budget adds domestic same-sex partners to Obamacare. (CNN)
- Obamacare over budget. (Atlanta Constitution Journal)
A Democrat New Jersey lawmakers thinks violent video games in arcades cause violent behavior in children.
The confidence of some illegals is very high. One person crossing the Mexican border is not afraid of being arrested and believes Obama will just let him go.
- Illegal immigrant apprehended at Border "Obama's Gonna let me go." (Yahoo News- The Blaze)