Must Read- April 18, 2013- Gun Control legislation, Missouri Concealed Carry, Army GI Benefits
AR-15 Image by iStock Photo
Gun Control legislation was defeated yesterday in the Democrat lead US Senate. President Obama shows his anger in the rose garden on this issue and calls people who were against this bill "liars."
- Gun control: President Obama's biggest loss. (Politico)
- Obama angrily denounces gun-rights groups as willful liars. (Washington Times)
- Senate rejects background checks on gun purchases in 54-46 vote. (The Hill)
People are starting to be more honest about their thoughts on the 2nd Amendment. Actor Jay Moore thinks the "second amendment must go."
- Actor Jay Mohr ignites Twitter storm by insisting the "second amendment must go" after Boston Marathon bomb. (Daily Mail)
Four percent of Americans in early April believe that gun control is an important issue compared to issues like the economy and healthcare.
The ATF is now denying that they, along with the Social Security office, asked for the list of Missouri Concealed Carry permit holders.
- ATF denies wanting MO concealed carry holder list. (Missourinet)
- ATF denies it requested Missouri conceal carry list. (St. Louis Public Radio)
If you would like to contact your elected officials regarding this issue, here is their contact information.
Missouri Gun Legislation:
- House gives initial approval to two gun bills. (Missourinet)
- House Bill 170- Federal officials must not enforce a federal firearm law when the firearm is manufactured and remains in the state and that any new federal law banning or restricting ownership of semi-automatic firearm is unenforceable.
- House Bill 436- Establishes the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' right under the 2nd Amendment of the United States.
Boston Marathon Bombing:
Things we didn't have time to get to:
The United States Army is changing the requirements when it comes to transfering your GI bill benefits.
Senator Baucus, who helped write Obamacare, believes that they are not ready for Obamacare to be rolled out to the American people.
- Baucus warns of "huge train wreck" enacting Obamacare provisions. (The Hill)
- Top Dem. Senator wars of "train wreck" for Obama health law. (Fox News)
Another company is saying that it will have to change the way they staff their business because of the affect of Obamacare.
- CinemaCon: theater owner begin cutting employee work hours to avoid paying for health care. (Deadline New York)
The 844 page immigration bill is causing a lot of buzz and infighting in the Republican party.
- Rep. Lamar Smith: Immigration Bill "worse than we thought," legalizes relatives and previously deported. (CNS News)
- Immigration bill would take nearly three days to read- nonstop. (CNS News)
Kansas' governor, Sam Brownback, signed into law concealed carry reform that will allow Kansas residents to carry in city, county and state buildings. The bill also will open up CCW on campus' starting in 2017. This bill would also allow K-12 schools to designate individuals to carry CCW.
- Lawmakers OK allowing educators to carry guns in schools, approve making Kansas-made guns immune from federal laws. (Wichita Eagle)
- Gov. Brownback signs concealed-carry reform. (Topeka Capital Journal)
- Mind-boggling details emerge about Ricin letter suspect "I'm on the hidden front lines of a secret war." (The Blaze)
- Mississipi Man Arrested: Paul Kevin Curtis appears to believe he had uncovered a conspiracy to sell human body parts on the black market. (USA Today)