Must Read- April 23, 2013: Missouri Concealed Carry, Greene County Politics
Handgun Image by iStock Photo
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has received a subpoena to testify in a lawsuit regarding the collecting of documents of concealed carry permit holders in Missouri and giving them to the federal government.
- Attorney: Nixon subpoenaed to testify in concealed carry document suit. (Southeast Missourian)
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon says at a Springfield Chamber of Commerce meeting that the state is not collecting your Concealed Carry information in a "magic database" and giving it to the federal government.
- VIDEO: Governor Nixon on Concealed Carry permits list released to federal government. (KSPR)
- Nixon's staff told Homeland Security of Missouri document-scanning plan. (Missouri Watchdog)
- Feds requested and got names of all concealed-carry owners in Missouri. (Washington Times)
As Missouri politicians ask for Attorney General Chris Koster's help on this issue, he says he will not look into this issue as Missouri's top "prosecutor" because the facts keep changing when it comes to Missouri's concealed carry permit holders information given to the feds.
- Attorney General Chris Koster's campaign ad titled "All Prosecutor. No Politics":
Missouri's Attorney General, Chris Koster, is planning his upcoming run for governor and has reported over $400,000 in his campaign account.
- Attorney General Chris Koster preparing to run for Missouri Governor. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Koster reports more than $400,000 in campaign funds. (St. Louis Business Journal)
Pizza Hut/ XBOX:
Pizza Hut is teaming up with XBOX to allow gamers to order food withouth having to quit playing their game.
- App lets you order pizza and play video games. (USA Today)
Pat Buchanan questions if Americans really did win the fight on terrorism when it comest to the Boston Bombing.
- Did the brothers Tsarnaev fail? (Town Hall)
The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection act would allow businesses and the federal government to share data without worrying about anti-trust laws.
Greene County Politics:
Greene County may take another credit downgrade for turning in audits late and there are many reasons why the county needs more money.
10,000 pounds of garbage was cleaned up after a pot party on 4/20 in San Francisco.
- Golden Gate Park pot party a major mess. (SF Gate)
Things we didn't get to this morning:
TV Anchor Profanity:
North Dakota television anchor AJ Clemente was fired on his first day for dropping an f-bomb.
We are getting a look into what it was like to live in Watertown, MA during the search for one of the Boston Bombers.