Must Read- May 6, 2013: Springfield council on Walmart, Common Core in Missouri, Benghazi
The administration is still trying to blame Benghazi on a video made by an American, but whistle-blowers are calling out the administration and revealing new info.
- Clinton sought end-run around counterterrorism bureau on night of Benghazi attack, witnesses will say. (Fox News)
- Official: we knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack "from the get-go." (CBS News)
- Whistle-blower: "my jaw hit the floor" as White House blames Youtube. (Breitbart)
The Great Gatsby:
The Great Gatsby is coming to the theaters on Friday and KSGF has free tickets to VIP social night at the Ozark B&B Theater's Marquee Suites. Nick & Kortni wonder if Baz Luhrmann's interpretation will be widely accepted by the general public.
- The Great Gatsby review: how many flappers make a flop? (Yahoo Movies)
- Win tickets to see The Great Gatsby
After a signature petition was submitted to the Springfield council, they will decide what will happen to a new Walmart Neighborhood Market.
Springfield council will vote tonight to use a tax incentive for a proposed development that would be around the area of Sunshine and West Bypass. These business developers chose this location because of the heavy foot traffic to the Walmart.
- Proposed shopping complex's future depends on City Council vote tonight. (KSPR)
- City Council expected to decide on TIF district tonight. (News-Leader)
Common Core/ DESE:
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education held meetings last week on Common Core around the state.
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium
There are different pieces of Missouri legislation that deal with Common Core.
View videos of the Springfield DESE meeting on Common Core.
- Videos from DESE's Common Core Springfield Meeting. (Missouri Education Watchdog)
There is a group that is working on educating citizens against Common Core in Missouri.
Several states that implemented Common Core are pulling away from the standards.
- Michigan pulling away from Common Core. (Heritage Foundation)
- Rethinking Common Core. (Washington Examiner)
- Critics join common cause to block Common Core school standards. (Washington Times)