Must Read- May 20, 2013: IRS Probes Prayer, Poo in Pools, Twitter will Damn Your Soul
Hands Praying Image by iStock Photo
Marketplace Fairness Act:
The Marketplace Fairness Act has passed the Senate and goes to the House of Representatives for a vote. Is this bill really fair and are there different ways to go about taxing sales on the internet that would be more fair?
- Senate approves internet sales tax proposal. (CNN Money)
- The phony "fairness" of the internet sales tax. (The Stateless man)
- Long not sold on internet sales tax. (News-Leader)
More info continues to be revealed when it comes to the IRS giving special scrutiny to certain groups for a tax exempt status.
- IRS demanded to know content of pro-life group's prayers. (The Blaze)
- IRS asked pro-life group about their prayers? (American Thinker)
Employees at the IRS are saying that the targeting of Tea Party groups was not rogue agents but directives that came from the top.
- Anonymous Cincinnati IRS official: "everything comes from the top." (Washington Examiner)
- At Cincinnati IRS office, surprise over claims of partisan villainy. (Washington Post)
Justice Department Scandal:
Fox New's chief Washington correspondent, James Rosen, has been followed since 2009 when the government believed he had access to more information than he should have. Learn what happened to him.
- A rare peek into a Justice Department leak probe. (Washington Post)
CDC said that 58% percent of samples from metro-Atlanta polls contained E. Coli.
- Fecal matter found in many public pools. (US News & World Report)
Springfield Public Schools:
The Springfield Public School district was awarded a conservation department grant that helped it inventory the trees on the school campus'.
- Springfield school district tallies its trees. (News-Leader)
- What is Tree City USA?
- Tree City USA Citizens Advisory Committee
Things we didn't get to:
The use of Twitter in Saudi Arabia has skyrocketed. Now the countries top clerk is saying that citizens that use Twitter are risking damnation.
- Twitter will Damn your soul, Saudi Arabia's top cleric says. (Huffington Post)