Must Read- June 4, 2013: Sharia Law in MO, Pseudoephedrine Prescriptions, Taco-Licking
Image by iStock Photos
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon vetoed Senate Bill 267 that would stop Sharia Law from being used in Missouri courts.
- Nixon vetoes "Sharia Law" bill, saying it would endanger foreign adoptions. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Gov. Nixon's Veto Letter
- MO Senate Bill 267
Here are examples of how Sharia Law is being used in courts across America.
- EEOC targets trucking companies for harassment, discrimination. (Trucking Info)
- Ohio Muslim inmates sue over meal preparation. (Fox News)
- Advocates of Anti-Sharia measures alarmed by judges ruling in New Jersey. (Fox News)
Two Saudi Arabian students are being held in Greene County Jail after being accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting her at an apartment.
- Two are charged with kidnapping woman at bar, assaulting her at apartment. (KY3)
- 2 arrested in alleged assault, kidnapping. (News-Leader)
Six conservative groups will discuss at a house hearing how they were targeted by the IRS.
A Springfield city council meeting was held to take comments from the community regarding forcing citizens to get a prescription for pseudoephedrine
- Speakers at city council meeting argue against anti-meth bill. (News-Leader)
- Springfield police chief: "we've tried everything else" in fight against meth. (Ozarks First)
An alleged California Taco Bell employee licked a stack of tacos and posted the photo online. There are shocks and concerns about Taco Bell.
- Taco Bell now investigating taco-licking photo. (Consumerist)
- Photo of Taco Bell worker licking shells sends shudders. (USA Today)
MSNBC President Phil Griffin told the New York Times they are not the place for breaking news and that isn't their long-term solution for their dropping ratings.
- MSNBC president says his network doesn't do breaking news. (Fox News)
- Devoted to politics, MSNBC slips on breaking news. (New York Times)
Secretary of State John Kerry says he will sign the UN treaty on arms regulations.
- US will sign UN arms treaty, Secretary of State John Kerry says. (Washington Times)
- Kerry says US will sign UN treaty on arms regulations despite lawmakers opposition. (Fox News)
Access to Obama:
An LA car salesman wrote a check for $32,400 so he can talk to President Obama at a "private off-the record" Democratic fundraiser.
- Car salesman pays $32k to lobby Obama for 2 minutes. (USA Today)
Israel's Secret Missile Facility:
The Obama administration has provided Israel's enemies with specific details of inside information on how Israel's missile facility could be attacked.
The IRS has released new numbers on how much health care insurance will cost Americans under Obamacare.
Two-Thirds of people questioned about Obamacare said they don't know if they will get health insurance. The CBO has announced that under Obamacare 30 million Americans will not get insurance.
- CBO: Uninsured under Obamacare never falls below 30 million. (The Weekly Standard)
- Two-Thirds of Americans don't know if they will insure under Obamacare. (CNBC)
- Survey shows that up to 2/3 of uninsured don't know if they'll buy insurance. (American Thinker)