Must Read- June 5, 2013: Women in Miltary, Diva Michelle Obama, Death Panel
Image by Michelle Obama on Facebook
Tera Sukman, head of the Branson Tea Party, is saying that they have seen a loss in donations since it's been revealed the IRS is targeting conservative groups.
First Lady, Michelle Obama, threatens to leave a fundraiser due to a lesbian heckler.
- Michelle Obama loses her cool. (Daily Mail)
- Michelle Obama confronts gay-rights heckler and fundraiser. (NBC News)
Susan Rice is set to be named Obama's new National Security Adviser after the resignation of Tom Donilon.
- Susan Rice to replace Donilon as National Security Adviser. (Fox News)
- Tom Donilon resigning as National Security Adviser; Susan Rice to replace him. (The Washington Post)
Flashback: Susan Rice explains that the attack on a US embassy in Benghazi was "spontaneous."
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has denied a lung transplant for a 10-year-old girl. According to federal regulations, she cannot qualify for the transplant until she is 12.
- Kathleen Sebelius at center of storm over child's lung transplant. (Politico)
- Kathleen Sebelius won't wave regulation for girl with five weeks to live. (The Washington Examiner)
- Sebelius asked companies to support health care law. (New York Times)
Military Sexual Assault Hearings:
Tuesday there was a hearing with the Senate Armed Services Committee about the rising rate of sexual assaults among members of the military.
- John McCain: Women should avoid military service until sexual misconduct crisis solved. (NBC News)
- Senator says commanders can't differentiate "a slap on the ass and rape." (MSNBC)
- Watch Senate's hearing on sexual assaults in military. (PBS)
After the news of two MSU Saudi students being arrested for kidnapping and an alleged rape, MSU is considering having the police talk to foreign students when the arrive.
- Police may talk to new foreign students. (News-Leader)
- Cab driver tells how he alerted Springfield police to alleged, kidnapping. (News-Leader)
- Saudi Student Organization at MSU. (Facebook)
A 5-4 Supreme Court Ruling will allow DNA to be collected from people when under arrest and not convicted of a serious crime.
- After the Supreme Court's DNA decision, what is the future of criminal justice? (The Washington Post)
- Supreme Court oks DNA swab of people under arrest. (USA Today)
- Supreme Court: police can take DNA samples in arrest. (Wall Street Journal)
An electric car charging station has been installed in Springfield to be used free by residents.
- Charging station draws electric car in Springfield. (Ozarks First)