Must Read- June 21, 2013: Obamacare, Wiretapping, Paula Deen
Image by iStock Photo
ABC show, What Would You Do?, came to Springfield and filed at Eagle Pawn & Jewelry as well as the Springfield Brewing Company. The show airs tonight.
- "What would You Do?" comes to town. (News-Leader)
In 100 days the Obamcare healthcare exchange open-enrollment will begin.
It is rumored that President Obama is asking the NBA to help promote Obamacare.
- Will Obama use the NBA to peddle Obamacare? (Weekly Standard)
The Farm Bill failed in the house, mostly due to the food stamps component of the bill. State Rep. Vicky Hartzler is upset that this bill did not pass.
- House rejects farm bill. (Ozarks First)
- Farm Bill fails in House; dysfunction continues. (Kansas City Star)
- How food stamps killed the farm bill. (Time Magazine)
- Food stamps changes helped defeat house farm bill. (Wall Street Journal)
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for it's constitutionality.
SB381- Creates the Innovation Education Campus Fund and recognizes the University of Central Missouri's Missouri Innovation Campus
HB339- Requires uninsured motorists to forfeit recovery of noneconomic damages under certain circumstances
HB436- Establishes the Second Amendment Preservation Act which rejects all federal acts that infringe on a Missouri citizens' rights under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution
A former intelligence agent is blowing the whistle on wiretapping during the Bush administration including.
- Bush-Era NSA whistle-blower makes most explosive allegations yet about extent of government surveillance- and yet you won't believe who he says they spied on. (The Blaze)
After a controversial lawsuit involving Paula Deen, she did not show up for a scheduled "Today" show appearance.
- Paula Deen is a no-show for "Today" appearance. (NY Daily News)
Paula Deen is involved in a sexual harassment lawsuit and was asked if she has ever used derogatory words.
- Paula Deen racist lawsuit: Star admits use of N-word, reveals deposition details. (Examiner)
- Could Paula Deens words bring down her empire? (Yahoo News- AP)