Must Read- Spet. 12, 2013: Veto Session, Spfld Ethics Violation, Pastor Arrested
Missouri Veto Session:
Missouri House Bill 253 veto by Governor Nixon was not overturned yesterday during the veto override session. 15 Republicans voted with Democrats, 3 of the 15 were local representatives.
- House falls short in effort to override Nixon's veto of tax-cut bill. (News-Leader)
- Official vote of Missouri House of Representatives on HB253
- With opposition from 15 Republicans, tax bill veto override fails. (PoliticMo)
- Representative Jeff Messenger- District 130
- Representative Lyndall Fraker- District 137
- Representative Lynn Morris- District 140
Missouri House Bill 436 veto passed the house but fell short of passing the senate's required 2/3 vote to override Nixon's veto on guns. It's rumored that one GOP senator was missing when the vote was taken.
- Gun nullification bill dies in Senate after successful override vote in House. (News-Leader)
- Senate gun bill sponsor calls Koster a "liar" and "dumb." (Missourinet)
- Missouri lawmakers fail to override governor's gun bill veto. (CNN)
- Missouri measure nullifying federal gun laws in state senate. (Fox News)
Council member Burlison is seeking council to see if councilwoman Rushefsky and Police Chief Williams violated a council established code of ethics.
- Burlison suggests violation of ethics. (News-Leader)
Quran Burning Pastor:
A pastor was arrested in Florida for planning to burn 2,998 Qurans, one for each victim of 9-11.
- Pastor Terry Jones arrested with thousands of kerosene-soaked Qurans. (Orlando Sentinel)
The American Muslim Political Action Committee held a Million Muslim March on 9/11 in DC.
- Muslim rally vastly outnumbered by bikers, counterprotesters. (Washington Times)
- Here's how a Blaze reporter went to cover the "Million Muslim March" and ended up on the back of a motorcycle to the capital. (The Blaze)
The State Department is acknowledging that terrorist organizations have US military weapons... because they stole them.
Author of the Week:
Stan Crader will be at ABC Books on North Glenstone on Saturday, Sept. 14th from Noon to 3pm.
Underground Supper Club:
People who want to throw dinner parties in New York are fearful of the government, so they have gone underground.
- CBS 2 Investigation: underground and illegal NYC Dinner Parties. (CBS New York)
Some companies went above and beyond for 9/11... in the wrong direction.
A 10-year-old girl wanted to write her paper about how God was her idol. She said her teacher told her she couldn't.