Must Read- April 15, 2014: MoDot Horns, Bluetooth Trackers, NH Freedom Summit
Official Logo for MoDot Image by Missouri Department of Transportation
New Hampshire Freedom Summit:
Mike Huckabee, when speaking at the New Hampshire Freedom Summit said that maybe residents in North Korea have more freedoms that Americans.
- North Korea sometimes has "more freedom" than the US. (Business Insider)
- VIDEO: "I'm beginning to think there is more freedom in North Korea" (Real Clear Politics)
Donald Trump was talking about Jeb Bush and there were many boos in the crowd.
- Jeb Bush was public enemy No. 1 at on of the year's biggest conservative gatherings. (Business Insider)
- Donald Trump mentions Jeb Bush at Tea Party event, gets boos from the audience. (Washington Post)
Missouri's Department of Transportation will be using "long range acoustic devices" in work zones to get the attention of drivers.
- MoDot to blast motorists speeding in work zones with "incredibly loud noises" (Missouri Torch)
- MoDot deploys new warning device in work zones. (Lee's Summit Journal)
While MoDot is paying for these LRAD's, earlier in April the Missouri House passed a 1-cent sales tax increase, by a vote of 96-52) for MoDot. The issue has been sent the Missouri's senate. The voters will need to pass this in November for it to be implemented.
- Missouri House passes 1-cent sales tax increase. (Washington Times)
The standoff may be over, but will the federal government just give up?
- Former Arizona Sheriff reveals chilling strategy to put women "up at the front" during Bundy Ranch standoff. (The Blaze)
- Sheriff: Feds strategize for "raid" on ranch. (World Net Daily)
Harry Reid vows to not give up and this is not over. There is speculation he wants the land for financial gain.
- VIDEO: Senator Reid on cattle battle: "it's not over" (My News 4)
- Company tied to Reid's son wants land in Bundy standoff. (Newsmax)
Springfield Bluetooth Trackers:
Council has a bill in front of them to allow 89 sensors at intersections to track your movement via your bluetooth devices.