Must Read- April 2, 2014: Founding Fathers on Obamacare, Backup Cameras, Nixa Election
City of Nixa Missouri Logo Image by City of Nixa
Nancy Pelosi thinks that the Founding Fathers would be grateful for Obamacare because people can pursue happiness now that they don't have to have a job to have health care.
- Nancy Pelosi: Founding Fathers would be glad Obamacare is letting people pursue their happiness. (The Blaze)
The White House is now saying that Obamacare sign-ups have hit 7.1 million but some don't believe it.
- Obamacare hits enrollment goal with 7.1 million sign-ups, president says. (CNN)
- Only one-third of Obamacare exchange sign-ups were from the previously uninsured. (Forbes)
- Krauthammer's take: 7.1 million enrollees a "phony number." (National Review)
Tina Fey was accused of not paying workers compensation insurance.
- Insurance broker for Tina Fey admits fault for $79G workers' insurance error. (New York Daily News)
A mom, who works at a college, texted her daughter saying there was a school shooting. The daughter called the cops after she couldn't get in touch with her mom.
Car Review Camera:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is now requiring that all vehicles have a rear-view camera starting in May 2018.
- Rear-view cameras to be mandated. (Politico)
George H.W. Bush:
Democrats are saying that Bush was courageous for raising taxes after he told Americans he would not.
The City of Nixa is asking for $7.8M on April 8th to develop a new park in the city.
- Capital Improvement Tax Info. (City of Nixa)
- Citywide sidewalk improvements. (City of Nixa on Facebook)
- Christian County Sample Ballot
A new study shows that Vegetarians have a higher chance of getting cancer.
Running might not have the health benefits that we once thought.