Must Read- April 21, 2014: MoDot Sound Cannons, Marionville Mayor, Michelle Obama in Topeka
First Lady Michelle Obama speaks at on her "Let's Move" campaign to fight childhood obesity at a Walmart Neighborhood Market in Springfield, Missouri. Click here to read more Image by KTTS News
MoDot Sound Cannons:
MoDot says they will no longer use the long-range acoustic devices (LRAD) on highways in work zones.
- Sound cannons a tone-deaf approach to work zone safety. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Don't worry, MoDOT won't use military-style sound cannons to slow you down. (Riverfront Times)
Muslim Cab Drivers:
Muslim cab drivers say they will not drive cabs with advertisements on them for Gay Games.
Marionville will have two special meetings tonight. One meeting will be to accept resignations of Alderwoman Jessica Wilson and one is to talk about the future of Mayor Clevenger.
Patrick Farves asked Miss America to prom after he was asked by the school not to. Now the school is suspending him, and Miss America is saying that they shouldn't do it.
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom. (International Business Times)
- Miss America Nina Davulari defends student suspended for asking her to prom. (NY Daily News)
Monica Wehby, a brain surgeon, is running for Oregon's Senate seat for the Republican Party. It has been over a decade since the GOP has won a state-wide office.
- GOP's bid to take Senate moves to Oregon, which is ripe for Obamacare attack. (Fox News)
- Oregon's GOP Senate race suddenly gets lively. (Wall Street Journal)
Around 2,000 students in Topeka have signed a petition asking that Michelle Obama not come to speak at their graduation.
- Michelle Obama's planned attendance at Kansas High School graduation sparks criticism. (Washington Post)
- Topeka, Kan. parents irked by Michelle Obama's scheduled visit to high school graduation. (NY Daily News- AP)