Must Read- April 22, 2014: Marionville Mayor, E-Cigarettes, Russian Military
E-Cigarette Image by MGN Online
Marionville Mayor Dan Clevenger will resign from his office after a meeting on his comments about Jews.
- Marionville Mayor resigns. (News-Leader)
- Marionville Mayor resigns after making controversial comments about Jewish people. (KY3)
Lawmakers are going after e-cigarettes.
- MO lawmakers aim to keep e-cigs from minors. (KY3)
- E-Cigarette restrictions "for the children" could be deadly for adults. (Forbes)
While states are talking about banning e-cigarettes, New Jersey is considering taxing them at the same rate they tax tobacco.
- Christie's proposed e-cigarette tax is for public health. (New Jersey)
- State legislators question benefits of raising tax on e-cigarettes. (NJ Spotlight)
An alcohol expert is saying that a bottle of wine a day, or 6 pints of beer a day, is not bad for your health.
- Bottle of wine a day "is not bad for you" (Daily Mail)
The US is offering $58 Million to help Ukraine.
- US offers Ukraine $50 million aid package. (Reuters)
Some thought that Russia's military was running on old technology, but we are learning different.
- Russia displays a new military prowess in Ukraine's east. (New York Times)
The government could soon regulate how much a company could use Photoshop in advertising.
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping. (ABC News)
- Hate the way advertisers Photoshop women's bodies? So does the Rep. who proposed the anti-photoshop act. (Washington Post)
- The truth in advertising act: can the government really regulate photoshopping? (Advertising Age)