Must Read- August 14, 2013: Obama Clown, Prescription-Only Pseudoephedrine, Boutique Fuels
Meth Amphetamine seized by the DEA in a drug bust Image by DEA, MGN Online
Obama Rodeo Clown:
The NAACP is asking for an investigation into the man who was the Obama clown at the Missouri State fair.
- In (partial) defense of the Missouri rodeo clown. (Washington Examiner)
- NAACP: Obama clown stunt warrants investigation by Secret Service, DOJ. (Ozarks First)
The announcer at the Missouri State Fair has resigned from his school district after the rodeo clown story went viral.
- Announcer resigns after state fair rodeo. (CBS St. Louis)
Greg Payne, a Carthage attorney, is talking about running against Billy Long in the Republican primary for the 7th Congressional district.
- Carthage attorney planning primary challenge to Billy Long. (News-Leader)
- Greg Payne for Congress. (Facebook)
There have been some questions to law enforcement from Springfield council about why a prescription-only law is needed for Pseudoephedrine.
Senator Roy Blunt:
Senator Blunt has re-introduced the Gas Accessibility and Stabilization act which would allow the EPA to grant waivers for communities to use the gas they have on hand if there is a disruption.
- Blunt re-introduces "gas" act. (KTTS News)
- Gas Accessibility and Stabilization Act of 2013. (GovTrack)
- FLASHBACK 2011: As gas prices rise, "boutique fuels" may feel the heat. (St. Louis Beacon)
Senator Blunt has recently introduced several government reform bills.
- More freedom and less government. (The Daily Statesman)
Climate Change Rally:
Organization for Action held a global warming rally in Georgetown... and no one showed up.
CNN is known for making fun of people asking if Obama was born in America, is now asking if Republican Ted Cruz is actually an American.
- VIDEO: CNN, is Ted Cruz eligible to run for president? (Real Clear Politics)
- Ted Cruz can be president, probably. (CNN)
While speaking at Georgetown University U2's Bono said that capitalism can end poverty.
- U2's Bono hails capitalism to help the hungry. (Breitbart)
- VIDEO: Bono, "capitalism takes more people out of poverty than aid." (The Independent Institute)