Must Read- August 15, 2013: Lebanon School District, Part-Timer's Hours Cut, Bin Laden Raid
Image by MGN Online
The death toll has climed to 525 in Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood says it's not backing down.
- Morsi supporters call for president marches as crackdown death toll rises in Egypt. (Washington Post)
- Brotherhood plans Cairo march after crackdown. (AlJazeera)
- Defiant Muslim Brotherhood vows to bring down military coup in Egypt, as death toll climbs. (Fox News)
When sequestration was being talked about, the Obama administration began talking about furloughs for government employees. Some agencies have put furloughs in place, however we are learning they are not as drastic as once discussed.
- Nearly every major agency has reduced furloughs. (Government Executive)
MO Tax Cut:
The Lebanon Board of Education has called House Bill 253 "fiscally irresponsible."
- R-3 board bashes tax-cut bill. (The Lebanon Daily Record)
- R-3 Board Highlights, August 13, 2013. (Lebanon School District)
- MO House Bill 253
Speaker Tim Jones is trying to rally the votes for an override of Gov. Nixon's veto on HB 253.
- Campaign continues over Missouri tax legislation. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Missouri GOP must override tax cut bill veto. (News-Leader)
Governor Nixon is out campaigning that his veto on HB 253 was the right thing.
- Gov. Nixon campaigns against veto override in Bolivar. (Ozarks First)
Under Obamacare, any employee who works 30 hours is considered full-time. Many employees are learning that their company is cutting back their hours to keep them from being full-time employees.
- Businesses claim Obamacare has forced them to cut employee hours. (NBC News)
- NBC "Nightly News" to report businesses cutting hours due to Obamacare. (NewsBusters)
Bin Laden Raid:
The President's "body man" said that Obama was playing Spades during the Bin Laden raid.
- Love: Obama played cards during Osama raid. (The Weekly Standard)
- Barack Obama "played cards on day of Obama Bin Laden Raid." (The Telegraph)
A China Zoo posing a dog as an "African Lion" was exposed when the dog began to bark.
- China Zoo under fire for disguising dog as lion. (Breitbart)
Missouri Republican Assembly:
The Missouri Republican Assembly will be discussing the true cost of freedom this Saturday.
In July the government ran a debt of $98 billion but somehow the debt remained the same at $16,699,396,000,000