Must Read- August 16, 2013: Egypt Aid, Kinder on Obama Clown, iPhone's Carbon Footprint
Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder Image by State of Missouri
The people who were making fun of Rand Paul for wanting to cut aid to Egypt, are saying what he said earlier this summer.
- Rand slams Congress for funding Egypt's generals: "How does your conscience feel now?" (Foreign Policy)
- VIDEO: John McCain, US aid to Egypt "should be cut off." (BBC)
Rand Paul attempted to kill 1.5 billion in aid to Egypt but the Senate shot down his measure 86-13.
- FLASHBACK: Senate kills Rand Paul attempt to cut Egypt aid. (Politico)
- Senate overwhelmingly rejects Rand Paul's proposal to hault 1.5 billion in allocated Egypt aid. (The Blaze)
- Roll Call on Amendment 1739 to Senate Bill 1243. (United States Senate)
The death toll in Egypt has increased to 632.
- A crisis deepens, Egypt braces for more violence. (MyWay)
- Egypt army deploys forces before Islamist protests. (Reuters)
After an internal audit it was found the NSA violated rules 2,776 times when it came to surveillance.
- NSA broke privacy rules thousands of times per year, audit finds. (Washington Post)
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for constitutionality.
HB301- Changes the laws regarding certain sexual offenses and sexually violent offenders and establishes a prisoner re-entry program for certain offenders
HB339- Requires an uninsured motorist to forfeit recovery of noneconomic loss under specified circumstances
SB9- Allows University of Missouri Extension Councils to form extension districts made up of cooperating counties
SB34- Requires the Division of Workers' Compensation to develop and maintain a workers' compensation claims database
SB73- Prohibits law enforcement agencies from establishing roadside checkpoint or road block patterns based upon a particular vehicle type, including the establishment of motorcycle-only checkpoints
SB77- Allows for certain neighborhood youth development programs to be exempt from child care licensing requirements
SB129- Establishes the Volunteer Health Services Act to allow for licensed health care professionals to provide volunteer services for a sponsoring organization
SB342- Raises the loan amount available through the Missouri agricultural and small business development authority for livestock feed and crop input from forty thousand to one hundred thousand dollars
Jase was kicked out of a hotel after asking for a restroom. The employee thought he was a homeless man. Jase said that this was "facial profiling."
Chuck E. Cheese:
Entitled adults are getting into fist fights in of all places... Chuck E. Cheese, over kids birthday parties.
A tech investment advisory group says your iPhone has a larger carbon footprint than an average mid-sized refrigerator.