Must Read- August 26, 2013: Pseudoephedrine, Obamacare
Pseudoephedrine Image by MGN Online, Pension Fund of the Christian Church
Shots were fired at a UN team of weapons inspectors visiting Syria due to allegations of chemical weapons attacks.
- UN team headed to site of alleged chemical attack comes under fire, turns back. (Washington Post)
- Syria: UN inspectors "shot at by snipers." (Sky News)
The prescription-only pseudoephedrine bill will come before the Springfield council tonight.
- Drug bill among Springfield city council topic tonight. (News-Leader)
- Springfield council bill 2013-127. (City of Springfield)
- Contact your Springfield council members. (City of Springfield)
Poll on Springfield's Pseudoephedrine ban:
What residents think about the Pseudoephedrine ban:
- Pseudoephedrine: Rushefsky wise to heed voters. (News-Leader)
- Meth still has supply, demand. (News-Leader)
- Pseudoephedrine ban: ending meth tops cold meds. (News-Leader)
If Springfield passes this bill, some think smaller surrounding communities will have to follow:
- Anti-Meth law in Springfield could start chain reaction. (News-Leader)
- Progress stalls for anti-meth measure. (News-Leader)
High School Republican's Club:
High School students interested in starting a Republican Club at their school this year can attend an informational meeting tonight.
More than 30 officials who worked on Obamacare are now working at major lobbying firms.
The Toy Shoppe:
Country star Billy Dean will appear in The Toy Shoppe in Branson at the Starlite Theatre in November & December.