Must Read- August 28, 2013: Perry Luring MO Businesses, Lunch Program, Obamacare Penalty
Texas Wide Open for Buisness Image by State of Texas
Martin Luther King Jr.:
Some believe that civil rights leader of today may not have the same vision of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Is Obama good for black Americans? (Real Clear Politics)
- Martin Luther King Jr. would be alarmed at black-on-black violence, lack of family values. (Washington Times)
You don't see the whole Martin Luther King Jr. speech much because a foundation owns the rights to the video.
- Why you won't see or hear the "I have a dream" speech. (Washington Post)
Michelle Obama lunch program:
After one year of Michelle Obama's new lunch standards, schools are deciding to drop out of the program because schools were loosing money.
- Some school districts quit healthier lunch programs. (Breitbart)
- Kentucky students to first lady Michelle Obama: Your food "tastes like vomit." (The Daily Caller)
Rick Perry Ad:
KTRS, a news-talk station in St. Louis, pulled Rick Perry's radio commercial talking about Missouri's veto of the tax cut.
- KTRS yanks Texas Gov. Rick Perry's ads that try to lure Missouri businesses away. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Why KTRS pulled Rick Perry's "come to Texas" ads. (KSDK)
Texas is spending $200,000 in Missouri to ask businesses to move to Texas after Gov. Nixon's veto of Missouri's tax cut.
- Texas Governor Rick Perry spends thousands on ads to poach Missouri businesses. (KSHB)
- Texas Wide Open for Business
Missouri politicians are upset about Perry looking for businesses to move to Texas.
- Governor Nixon fights back against Perry radio ad. (Kansas City Star)
- Jason Kander to Gov. Perry: Don't mess with Missouri. (The Pitch)
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce has invited Rick Perry to speak at a St. Louis chamber luncheon even though he has caused a bit of a buzz for poaching jobs in Missouri.
- Missouri business group opens arms to job-poaching Rick Perry. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Rick Perry invite looks bad for Missouri Chamber. (Kansas City Star)
President Obama believes that Martin Luther King Jr. would have supported Obamacare.
- Obama: MLK would have backed "Obamacare." (CBS DC)
- Obama: Martin Luther King Jr. would have liked Obamacare. (Washington Examiner)
The IRS has finalized the punishments for not getting health insurance in America.
- IRS finalizes penalties for Obamacare "individual mandate." (CNN)
- IRS issues final rules on Obamacare's "individual mandate." (Reuters)
The federal government has delayed, yet again, another part of Obamcare.
We are telling Syria what we are going to do to them.
- Loose lips on Syria. (Wall Street Journal)
On March 27, 2011 Hillary Clinton called Assad a "reformer" while on Face the Nation.
- Following Syria's devastating chemical weapons attack, will the media remember Hillary Clinton's touting of "reformer" Assad? (Newsbusters)
- TRANSCRIPT: Interview with Bob Schieffer on CBS' Face the Nation. (US Department of State)
Things we didn't get to this morning:
Several new laws go into affect today in Missouri. These laws came out of the 2013 Missouri session.
- Changes to Conceal Carry, proof of insurance among new Missouri laws. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)