Must Read- Feb. 10, 2014: Olympians Taxes, Gay Athletes, Religious Persecution
Olympic Rings Image by MGN Online
American Kill List:
President Obama wants an American citizen, who is overseas, killed without a trial. The country this citizen is in is telling America, nope.
- US suspect possibly targeted for drone attack. (Kansas City Star- AP)
Because of the US tax code, Americans who make income overseas, a.k.a. Olympic medal winners, will be taxed on their income.
- Achieve Olympic glory- now pay the IRS. (Americans for Tax Reform)
- The price of gold: taking first place in Olympics could cost US stars as much as $10G in taxes. (Fox News)
Here is a list of the medal winners.
Some fun & interesting stories from the Olympics.
- Russian speedskater unzips suit, forgets she has nothing on underneath. (Fanside)
- Olympian's dad tries to get his "very single" son a date. (Today)
- Olympic snowboarder writes phone number on his helmet, gets so many naked pictures that his iPhone breaks. (Business Insider)
- Those Team USA opening ceremony sweaters were actually pretty great. (USA Today)
Daniela Iraschko-Stolz, an Austrian ski jumper, says the only fuss over gay athletes is created by the reporters.
Despite Russian laws on gays, the first gay athlete who won a gold said she got a hug from Putin.
- Openly gay medalists "cuddles" with Putin. (ABC News)
A Mizzou football player up for the NFL draft is saying he's gay.
- NFL prospect Michael Sam proudly says what teammates knew: He's gay. (New York Times)
- NFL prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay. (Out Sports)
Despite the media's attention on persecution of Muslims, Christians are the most oppressed religious group in the world.
- Pew Study: Christians are the world's most oppressed religious group. (CNS News)
- Religious hostilities reach six-year high. (Pew Research)
Listen to Nick's interview with Raymond Ibrahim on this issue.
The NAACP is requiring those marching against photo ID in North Carolina to show a photo ID to join the march.
- NAACP: Bring Photo ID to protest Photo ID law. (Truth Revolt)
- NAACP requires marches protesting North Carolina voter ID law to show photo ID. (The Daily Caller)
A four-day event will be held in Wisconsin to help "dismantle the system of white supremacy" and Wisconsin takxpayers will help fund this event.
Democrats are saying that Obamacare will allow people to get out of jobs they feel trapped in and that they will now be able to be home to cook dinner.
- VIDEO: Dem. Rep. Ellison defends CBO report: Americans work way more than other countries. (Real Clear Politics)
- Obamacare: "job-killer" or freedom from "job-trap" (Christian Science Monitor)
- Report: Obamacare will prompt people to quit labor force. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
People with AIDS may soon be losing their health care insurance under Obamacare.
- AIDS patients in Obamacare limbo as insurers reject checks. (Yahoo News- Reuters)
Old Spice Commercial:
Old Spice slipped a real phone number in their commercial. When a viewer called it, they won Super Bowl tickets.
- Old Spice slips phone number into commercial... where callers could win Super Bowl tickets. (Consumerist)