Must Read- Feb. 12, 2014: MO Flag Changes, Swear to IRS, MO Tax Cuts
IRS Symbols Image by MGN Online
The 2014 Winter Olympics continue in Sochi.
- Medal Count
- Shaun White: "I'm disappointed." (ESPN)
- Shaun White lands 4th at 2014 Winter Olympics. (International Business Times)
President Obama has delayed the health insurance mandate for employers who have 50 to 99 employees.
- White House delays health insurance mandate for medium-sized employers until 2016. (Washington Post)
- White House extends Obamacare coverage deadline for some businesses. (Forbes)
If business owners have over 99 employees and they let someone go, they must swear to the IRS that it was not because Obamacare or they will be in trouble.
Missouri Legislative Session:
After the tax cut in the Missouri legislative session failed, Missouri Republicans are trying to work out ways to make it work this session.
- GOP Senator: Tie tax cut to funding for education. (News-Leader)
- Senate Bill 509
- Senator Will Kraus R- District 8
A Missouri state representative wants to make the high-five the official greeting of the state.
- Missouri rep wants a high-five to be the official state greeting. (Time)
- House Bill 1624
- Representative Courtney Allen Curtis D- District 73
There is discussion to possibly change the Missouri state flag.
- Panel ponders changes to Missouri flag. (Southeast Missourian)
- House Bill 1241
- Representative Jeff Roorda D- District 113
Two representatives are filing articles of impeachment against Gov. Nixon on different issues.