Must Read- Feb. 18, 2014: MO Tax Cuts, Jews in Ukraine
Image of Money, scissors, and tax cuts Image by MGN Online
Nevada Ranch Standoff:
Senator Harry Reid was in Las Vegas for an event and called the supporters of the Bundy Ranch Standoff as "domestic terrorists."
- Harry Reid calls Clive Bundy supporters "domestic terrorists." (Info Wars)
- Sen. Reid calls supporters of Nevada rancher Bundy "domestic terrorists." (Fox News)
Harry Reid's son is involved in a wind project and some argue that Harry Reid is trying to get this land for his son.
- Why is US Senator Harry Reid so concerned with a local Nevada rancher? (Fox News)
- Report: Company tied to Reid's son wants land in Bundy standoff. (Newsmax)
HR 3878, the Hate Crime Reporting Act, wants to update a 20 year study on hate speech on tv, radio, and computers.
- 13 house Democrats offer bill demanding government study on internet hate speech. (The Hill)
- HR 3878 (US House of Representatives)
Alderwoman Jessica Wilson resigned after comments by the mayor of the Jews.
- Racist mayor? Alderwoman resigns in wake of shootings. (News-Leader)
MO Tax Cut:
Legislation regarding tax cuts for Missouri residents has passed in Jeff City and now the bill is headed to Governor Nixon's desk for a signature or a veto.
- A year after HB 253, legislature sends smaller tax cut to Nixon's desk. (PoliticMo)
- Missouri income tax cut goes to Nixon, with veto likely. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Nixon: $620M tax cut "not the way to move" Missouri. (Ozarks First)
Jews in Ukraine:
Jews who live in Donetsk are being told they need to register with the government or face deportation.
- Jews in eastern Ukraine city given orders to "register" with pro-Moscow militia. (New York Daily News)
- Leaflet tells Jews to register in East Ukraine. (USA Today)
Joplin Safe Room:
Joplin is gearing up to officially open their tornado safe rooms. You will have to live within a 5 mile walk or half mile drive to be able to use them.