Must Read- Feb. 20, 2014: Amber Alerts, MO Rep. on Common Core, FCC on Media Coverage
It took 114 minutes for the Amber Alert for Hailey Owens to go out after her abduction.
- Authorities explain 2 hour delay in Amber Alert issuance for Hailey Owens. (KY3)
- Criteria must be met for Amber Alerts. (News-Leader)
- Amber Alerts
Forensic psychologist Scott Fraser explains how eyewitness testimony is not always as strong as it may seem.
Hailey Owens Memorial Fund:
A memorial fund has been set up by family members at Empire Bank. You can make a donation at locations in: Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Marshfield, Fair Grove, Republic, Pleasant Hope, Highlandville, Strafford, Battlefield. Or you can donate by mail: c/o Hailey Owens Memorial Fund, PO Box 3397, Springfield, MO 65808
A commissioner for the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is speaking out about what their department is planning for the future when it comes to news funneled to Americans.
- The FCC wades into the newsroom. (Wall Street Journal)
The United States has dropped from 32 to 46 when it comes to freedom of the press.
- World Press Freedom Index 2014. (Reporters without Borders)
- World Press Freedom Index 2013. (Reporters without Borders)
A Missouri Republican Representative thinks that those who disagree or question Common Core are cooks, so he added $8 into the budget to buy those people tin foil hats.
- In a jab at Common Core opponents, Missouri house panel recommends $8 for tin foil hats. (Kansas City Star)
- Rep. Mike Lair R-District 7
You can contact Rep. Lair's leadership- speaker Tim Jones
- Rep. Tim Jones R- District 110
Author of the Week:
What does it cost a nation when they deal with rogue regimes?
More stories come out when it comes to the affects of Obamacare.
- Fourth Georgia hospital closes due to Obamacare payment cuts. (The Daily Caller)
- Man's back surgery on hold as doctors deny covered California coverage. (CBS Sacramento)
Enrollment is not as good as they had hoped. (Enrolled means you look into the service, not sign up).
- Biden acknowledges Obamacare enrollments might fall significantly short of target. (CBS DC)
- No one in Kimmel audience says they've signed up for Obamacare. (The Daily Caller)
Hollywood filmmakers are saying that if the government doesn't give them a tax cut they are going to be forced to move.
- Hollywood asks California to cut taxes- for film industry. (The Daily Caller)