Must Read- Feb. 21, 2014: Dixon against Gun Legislation, PayDay Loans
Missouri Senator Bob Dixon (R-District 30) Image by Missouri Senate
A Stanford University study shows that those who were uninsured ended up getting better health care than insured people.
- Study: uninsured patients get better care than insured. (CBS DC)
- Insurance status may influence transfer decisions in trauma case, study reveals. (Stanford)
A commissioner for the Federal Communications Commission is speaking out about what their department is planning for the future when it comes to news.
- New Obama initiative tramples first amendment protection. (Washington Examiner)
- The FCC wades into the newsroom. (Wall Street Journal)
Payday Loan Legislation:
Recursively Senator Cunningham (R) filed legislation to put regulations on the payday industry in Missouri.
- Missouri Senate approves requirement for extended repayment of payday loans. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Payday loan bill by Rogersville Senator advances. (Ozarks First)
- Senate Bill 694
- Senator Mike Cunningham R- District 33
email Senator Cunningham here
Springfield Senator Dixon (R) was the only Republican who did not vote for a gun bill.
- Missouri Senate passes gun law nullification bill. (News-Leader)
- Dixon lone Republican to vote against gun bill. (News-Leader)
- Senate Bill 613
- Senate Join Resolution 36
- Senator Bob Dixon R- District 30
email Senator Dixon here
Representative Lair thinks that those who disagree or question Common Core are kooks, so he added $8 into the budget to buy those people tin foil hats.
- Missouri Republican: Common Core skeptics are paranoid lunitics, should wear tin foil hats. (The Daily Caller)
- In a jab against Common Core opponents, Missouri house panel recommends $8 for tin foil hats. (Kansas City Star)
- Rep. Mike Lair R- District 7
Drug Monitoring Program:
If House Bill 1133 passes it would create a state database to monitor prescription drug use in Missouri.
- Lawmakers consider prescription drug monitoring. (Ozarks First)
- House Bill 1133
- Rep. Kevin Engler R- District 116
Gov. Nixon Impeachment:
Republican Nick Marshall and Republican Mike Moon have both filed articles of impeachment for Governor Nixon, on seperate issues.
- Another article of impeachment filed against Gov. Nixon. (Missourinet)
- Missouri Republicans pull the trigger on Nixon impeachment. (Kansas City Star)
- Statement of House Representative Mike Moon regarding articles of Impeachment.
Locke & Smith Foundation:
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for constitutionality.
Hailey Owens Memorial Fund:
A memorial fund has been set up by family members at Empire Bank. You can make a donation at locations in: Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Marshfield, Fair Grove, Republic, Pleasant Hope, Highlandville, Strafford, Battlefield. Or you can donate by mail: c/o Hailey Owens Memorial Fund, PO Box 3397, Springfield, MO 65808