Must Read- Feb. 28, 2014: Global Warming Rape, Minimum Wage, MO Obamacare Navigators
Global Warming graphic with globe and thermometer Image by MGN Online
Ann Coulter believes she knows how to get America's minimum wage up to $14.
People in the health field believe that the new nutrition food labels will cause people to eat healthier.
- Dieticians share insight on proposed food labels. (Ozarks First)
While America asks its Olympic winners to pay tax money on their winnings, Russia gave its winners cash and a new Mercedes.
- Russia gives all its medalists $120,000, a new Mercedes. (Yahoo Sports)
- The price of gold: taking first place in Olympics could cost US stars as much as $10G in taxes. (Fox News)
Springfield council is talking about LGTB issues again.
- Some on Springfield council likely to favor LGTB protection. (News-Leader)
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for its constitutionality.
SB498- Creates a private cause of action against navigators for unlawful release of private identifying information and requires health insurance navigators be bonded for purposes of paying any judgments awarded
SB 508- Requires that an applicant for a navigator license must take an exam created by the Department of Insurance and submit to a criminal background check
SB 506- Requires that all fees collected under the Missouri Livestock Marketing Law not yield revenues greater than the cost of administration
SB 651- Modifies provisions relating to communications services
SB 653- Modifies provisions relating to municipal utility poles
Speaker Tim Jones is trying to figure out his political future.
- Jones mulling Senate run if Nieves were to back out. (PoliticMO)
A panel on climate change says that murder, rape, assaults, and robberies will go up with global warming.