Must Read- Feb. 6, 2014: Winter Olympic Conditions, Gun Signs, Plus-Size Princess
Olympic Rings Image by MGN Online
American journalists are bartering for light bulbs, pillows, and door knobs due to the lack of supplies at the hotels.
- Journalists at Sochi are live-tweeting their hilarious and gross hotel experiences. (Washington Post)
- Sochi is running out of pillows. (Vocativ)
Russia is trying to clean up the streets before the games begin. Their target: stray dogs.
- Sochi plans mass killing of stray dogs ahead of Winter Olympics. (NY Daily News)
- Racing to save the stray dogs of Sochi. (New York Times)
US athletes are having a hard time getting yogurt.
- Russia blocks yogurt bound for US athletes. (New York Times)
- Chuck Shumer freaks out over Russia depriving US Olympians of Chobani yogurt. (New York Observer)
The dad of a Olympian from Springfield is having a hard time getting to Russia because they will not approve his Visa.
Trying to clean up the city before the Olympics isn't something new.
- Beijing's Olympic cleanup sends migrants and homeless packing. (Wall Street Journal)
- 1.5 Million people displaced by preparations for 2008 Beijing Olympics. (USA Today)
America blew its chance to host the 2016 summer Olympics in Chicago during the first round of voting by the IOC.
- Obama heading to Copenhagen to back Chicago's Olympic bid. (ABC News)
- Rio De Janeiro awarded 2016 summer games; Chicago eliminated in first round. (Washington Post)
- Bid for the 2016 summer Olympics. (Wikipedia)
Governor Nixon Impeachment:
Rep. Mike Moon filing articles of impeachment against Gov. Nixon isn't getting very much media coverage.
- State Representative wants to see Nixon impeached. (News-Leader)
- Moon considering filing articles of impeachment against Nixon over special election delay. (PoliticMo)
- Representative Mike Moon R- District 157
- AUDIO: Could MO impeach Gov. Nixon- Interview with Rep. Moon
Chicago school adminstrators are upset about the image of guns on stickers saying that guns are banned.
A plus-sized high school student says she feels alienated by the media because of her weight and is asking for a plus-sized Disney Princess.
Author of the Week:
"After Barack Obama's solid win in the 2012 election, it's easy to forget that there was a time, not long ago, when the Democrats were shut out of power for over a decade."
CVS says they will no longer sell tobacco products by October.
- CVS vows to quit selling tobacco products. (New York Times)
Clay Aiken has annouced he will run for congress in North Carolina as a Democrat.
- Clay Aiken talks Donald Trump, music, politics. (Politico)