Must Read- Jan 17, 2014: Springfield Crime, Hate Speech, Revenge Porn
Police lights, crosshairs and Police tape background Image by MGN Online
A new list names Springfield as an unsafe city citing 1 in 17 will be affected by crime.
- List dubs Springfield an "unsafe" city. (Ozark First)
The first lady's birthday is today and the Obama's are celebrating tomorrow. Guests were asked to eat before they come to the party.
- Guests asked to eat before Michelle Obama's 50th birthday party. (New York Daily News)
Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D- NY) has sponsored a bill that would force the government to study hate speech on the internet, cell phones, television, and radio.
- 13 house Democrats offer bill demanding government study on internet hate speech. (The Hill)
- HR 3878
During a house hearing on the Obamacare website, cyber security experts said that people's security could be a risk.
- Hackers: healthcare.gov still riddled with potetial security issues. (NBC News)
- Republicans warn of security flaws in Obamacare website. (Reuters)
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for its constitutionality.
4th quarter campaign finance numbers are out.
A bill has been sent to a house committee regarding "revenge pornography"
- Missouri house panel considers "revenge porn" bill. (News-Leader)
- HB 1203
- Rep. Kevin Engler R- District 116
The United Staes female hocky goalie was told by the Olympic committee she cannot wear her mask because it's "propaganda" promoting the Unted States.
- Team USA women's hockey goalie required to remove US constitution reference from mask. (The Blaze)
- Jessie Vetter's team USA goalie mask required to remove constitution rendering. (Fox News)
The Mystery Hour:
Hosted by Jeff Houghton, The Mystery Hour is Springfield's only live late night talk show.