Must Read- Jan. 2, 2014: Greene Co. Investigation, Speaker Jones in SGF
Police lights, crosshairs and Police tape background Image by MGN Online
Global Warming/ Climate Change:
A crew of 74 scientists, set to prove climate change, got stuck during their expedition near Antarctica.
- Passengers, crew stuck on ship trapped in Antarctic ice ring in 2014. (Fox News)
- Antarctic expedition leader on rescue attempts: "we're just keeping hope." (Today)
Greene County Law Enforcement:
Greene Co. Prosecutor, Dan Patterson, released his findings on the deadly shooting of Joshua Ford by Greene County deputies.
- Report: Suspect led officers to think he had a gun. (News-Leader)
Cuba baseball players will now get a salary for playing... but they will be taxed by the Cuban government.
- Cuba's baseball revolution: why players are turning pro. (BBC)
- Cuba's baseball players have ceiling on their salaries lifted and can play abroad. (The Guardian)
Americans for Prosperity:
Missouri is number 42 in economic growth in the past 10 years. Americans for Prosperity want that to change and have introduced a Path to Prosperity.
- Path to Prosperity. (AFP- MO)
- Americans for Prosperity- Missouri
- Americans for Prosperity- Missouri on Facebook
Speaker Tim Jones:
Missouri Speaker of the House, Tim Jones, will be in Springfield today to talk about his 4G agenda for the 2014 session.
- Speaker Tim Jones 4G agenda. (Greene Co. GOP)
Beyonce's new single "XO" is making some upset due to the use of the Challenger explosion audio.
When it rains... it pours.
- Beyonce posts Last Supper-themed Instagram. (Fox News)
Citizen in a Rhode Island community were pissed at Taylor Swift due to some construction on her new home. Come to find out the government asked her to do it.
- Taylor Swift was asked by the state to do coastline construction that upset Rhode Island neighbors. (New York Daily News)
New York Mayor:
The inauguration of New York's new mayor was tightly-controlled.
De Blasio believes it's cruel to make horses pull people and wants to ban horse-drawn carriages in New York city.
- Bill De Blasio: Central Park's horse-drawn carriages should ride into history. (CNN)
- De Blasio's first move: Carriage horses. (New York Times)