Must Read- Jan. 22, 2014: MO Education, Spfld Home Invasions, Gay Teen Porn
Teacher and students in classroom Image by iStock Photo
Democrat Governor Nixon wants another $493 million for education in the state of Missouri. He wants $278 of that to go to K-12, expand the pre-k program, freeze the tuition for public universities, and give more scholarship money to graduates.
- Gov. Jay Nixon turns focus to education in State of the State address. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
- Nixon calls for $278M education formula hike in State of State address. (News-Leader)
Republican Senator Bob Dixon was behind a bill in the 2013 legislative session allowing for Greene County to add a new tax to expand the pre-k program.
- Every Child Promise leaders detail plan to help children enter school ready to learn. (News-Leader)
- Senate Bill 415
Willard is moving toward a new program of education called Standard Based Grading.
- Willard trying new method of grading. (News-Leader)
- Parent guide to Standard Based Grading K-4. (Willard Public Schools)
Common Core is getting a makeover in one state and funding from major power players.
- Common Core gets name change. (HT Politics)
- Chamber of Commerce ratchets up support for Common Core. (The Blaze)
Josh Black, a black Republican running for a Florida state office, is getting attention for his post that we should "arrest and hang high" President Obama.
- Florida politician running for office calls for execution of President Obama on his Facebook and Twitter accounts. (Daily Mail)
18-year-old Robert Marucci turned to gay porn to help his family pay bills. The high school he attended expelled him after finding out about the video. The school has allowed him to come back after a staged walk-out to support Robert.
- Central Florida student, 18, kicked out of high school after peers discover he starred in bareback sex film. (Click Orlando)
- Florida teenage gay porn star will return to class after suspension. (New York Daily News)
Republican L. Brooks Patterson is the Oakland County Executive. His district butts up against Detroit and he has quite a few things to say about the city. Some people are upset about what he said, but he's unapologetic.
- Drop Dead, Detroit! (The New Yorker)
- New Yorker article quotes L. Brooks Patterson with choice words about Detroit. (Detroit Free Press)
- L. Brooks Patterson slams Detroit: "The truth hurts... tough, S***" (CBS Detroit)
Springfield Home Invasions:
There have been arrests in the home invasions in Springfield. Police say they gained access to these homes through the garages.
- Three suspects in custody in home invasions. (News-Leader)
- News Release: 1 man & 1 woman charged for early morning home invasions in SW Springfield. (Greene County Sheriff's Office FB Page)
A study lists Springfield as an unsafe city citing 1 in 17 will be affected by crime.
- List dubs Springfield an "unsafe" city. (Ozark First)
Target is joining the likes of Trader Joes, and Home Depot and will no longer offer health insurance to part-time workers.