Must Read- Jan. 28, 2014: GOP Healthcare Plan, Pot Pavilion, Dems Win
GOP Health Care plan Image by MGN Online
Last night the Springfield Council passed several controversial bills including: banning smoking on the square, the National Guard working with SPD with drug enforcement, and skateboarding downtown.
- Council lessens impact of proposals. (News-Leader)
- Smoking ban in Park Central Square passes at city council meeting. (Ozarks First)
- Council bill 2013- 320, Panhandling. (City of Springfield)
- Council bill 2013- 321, Smoking on Square. (City of Springfield)
- Council bill 2013- 322, Skateboarding ban. (City of Springfield)
- Council bill 2014-004, National Guard and Drugs. (City of Springfield)
In the past 200 years, the Earth's magnetic filed has weakened by 15 percent. This could possibly cause the poles to flip.
- Forget Global Warming, worry about the Magnetosphere: Earth's magnetic field is collapsing and it could affect the climate and wipe out power grids. (Daily Mail)
Congress wont do what he wants, so President Obama is set to start dictating laws at the state of the union.
- Obama to raise minimum wage for government contract workers. (Washington Post)
- Steve King rips State of The Union executive order. (Politico)
Obama isn't fairing well with the people.
- Poll finds Americans anxious over future, Obama's performance. (Wall Street Journal)
GOP Health Care:
Three Republicans Senators have created a health care alternative called CARE (Patient Choice, Affordability, Responsibility and Empowerment Act)
- Senate Republicans pitch Obamacare alternative on eve of presidential address. (Fox News)
- GOP senators unveil first health care plan in an Obamacare world. (Washington Examiner)
- Senate Republicans develop the most credible plan yet to "repeal and replace" Obamacare. (Forbes)
Tomatoes, Cucumbers, squash, and pot. The Denver County fair is opening up marijuana to blue ribbon contests, and other fair activities.
- Marijuana contest to join Denver county fair; "Pot Pavilion" to showcase best pot plants, recipes. (The Denver Channel)
- Denver County Fair
Schindler's List Producer:
Gerald Molden, the producer of Schindler's List that the indictment of Dinesh D'Souza was politically motivated after the movie "2016." He says he has never feared the American government till now.
- Academy award-winning producer of "Schindler's List" tells Megyn Kelly he thinks Dinesh D'Souza was targeted by Obama admin. (The Blaze)
- Schindler's List producer: "I never feared my government till now." (The Gateway Pundent)
In South Carolina a woman had her "Obama phone" and DVD's she rented from the library stolen by her friend Ted.
- Woman, 61, tells cops a man name Ted stole her "Obama phone." (The Smoking Gun)
The One Percent:
A venture capitalist is giving his thoughts on how America is treating the one percent, the occupy movement, and Nazi Germany.
- Progressive Kristallnacht coming? (Wall Street Journal)
- Venture capitalist: Tech activities are like Nazis. (New York Times)
Republicans or Democrats:
A new Pew Research Poll is showing Americans think Democrats are more likely to care about their needs and work with others to make things happen.
- Dems winning care-about-me poll. (Politico)