Must Read- July 16, 2013: Zimmerman Trial, Loving V. Virginia, Honey Boo Boo
Gavel Image by iStock Photo
People are heating up after the verdict of the Zimmerman trial.
- George Zimmerman trial all about race. (Politico)
- "Nothing more than a modern day lynching" NAACP convention, held just a mile from site of George Zimmerman trial. (Daily Mail)
- Witnesses claim youth yells "this is for Trayvon" in beating. (The Baltimore Sun)
- Zimmerman verdict: Protesters storm Wal-Mart in Crenshaw area. (LA Times)
- 13 arrested in California Zimmerman protest. (Wall Street Journal)
A juror is speaking out about the case.
- Initially split Florida jury heard Zimmerman call for help. (Reuters)
- Zimmerman case was not about rase, juror says. (Reuters)
- VIDEO: Juror B37 in exclusive interview with Anderson Cooper "race did not play a role." (CNN)
The defense lawyer is saying the prosecutor was holding back evidence.
- Zimmerman's lawyer calls prosecutors "discrase" to profession. (Reuters)
- IT director who alleged evidence withheald from Zimmerman defense fired. (NBC News)
- Zimmerman trial whistleblower fired for linking Travon Martin to drugs, guns. (The Inquisitor)
Trayvon Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel talked to Piers Morgan.
Celeberties are putting in their two cents about the Zimmerman case.
- Stevie Wonder boycotts Florida following George Zimmerman verdict. (NBC News)
- Kristie Alley says all white people murder black people, or something. (Twitchy)
Loving V. Virginia:
The Loving couple was a mixed race couple in 1967. This case is a landmark case which said that states cannot prohibit interracial marriages.
- Loving V. Virginia (Cornell University Law School)
Honey Boo Boo:
TLC has released scratch 'n sniff cards to go along with it's television hit "Honey Boo Boo." During the show you scratch off certain spots on the card to match what is going on during the show.
- Sniffing along with "Honey Boo Boo" and living to tell about it. (Today)
- TLC's "Honey Boo Boo" comes to your senses. (New York Post)