Must Read- July 22, 2013: Study on Calorie Intake, Miliary Policing, Tampon Earrings
Cheeseburger and french fries Image by iStock Photo
An EF-0 touched down in Springfield Sunday evening at the intersection of Cairo and Pickwick.
- VIDEO: Sudden tornado touchdown in Springfield Sunday. (KY3)
- PICTURES: tornado touches down in East Springfield Sunday. (KY3)
Texas Roller Coaster Death:
Rosy Esparza fell to her death from the Texas Giant roller coaster at Six Flags over Texas on Friday. Police say they found no foul play and Six Flags is doing an internal investigation.
- Police: no foul play seen in Texas roller coaster death. (CNN)
- Investigation of Texas Giant accident to be lead by Six Flags. (Dallas News)
- Odds of dying on a roller coaster. (Ask The Odds)
A boat on the Cedar Point ride, Shoot the Rapids, rolled backwards and flipped over injuring seven riders.
- Boat on Cedar Point ride rolls backward down hill; 7 hurt. (Detroit Free Press)
An American Journal of Public Health study shows that calorie lists on menus don't influence people's decision to take in better food choices.
- McDonald's calorie guide has no effect on bad eating habits, study shows. (National Monitor)
- Who cares about calories? Restaurant menu labels don't work, study shows. (Today)
Vehicle Black Box:
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration wants all vehicles to have a black box in them.
- A black box for car crashes. (New York Times)
Radley Balko has a new book coming out called "Rise of the Warrior Cop."
- Rise of the warrior cop. (Wall Street Journal)
A woman was confronted by a police officer who was aiming a gun at her through her apartment kitchen window.
- Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion. (Herald-Tribune)
Tampons were among the items confiscated by security at the Texas Capitol building during heated debate on abortion. Over the weekend a MSNBC host wore tampons as earrings after hearing about this story.
- VIDEO: MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry wears Tampon earrings on air. (Mediaite)
- Feminine hygiene products among items confiscated at Texas Capitol. (CNN)