Must Read- July 23, 2013: Politial Leanings of Illegals, IRS Scandal, Gay's Tax Headache
Gay Pride Flag Image by iStock Photos
A Pew Research Center report is showing that Latino illegal immigrants, who soon may receive amnesty in America, identify themselves Democrats (31%) over Republicans (4%).
- Pew: Illegal immigrants lean Democratic. (Politico)
- Are unauthorized immigrants overwhelmingly Democrats? (Pew Research Center)
William Wilkins, the IRS chief counsel, met with President Obama and 13 other people two days before it was announced to the IRS that they would be more strict on tea party and conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status.
- Embattled IRS chief counsel met with Obama 2 days before agency changed targeting criteria. (Daily Caller)
- IRS chief counsel William Wilkins a big donor and loyal Democrat. (The Weekly Standard)
- Who is the savvy William Wilkins? (The American Spectator)
While Americans say they are tired of the same faces in politics, that doesn't seem to be the case.
- The incredibly shrunken 2014 battlefield. (Politico)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham has best fundraising quarter. (Politico)
The White House is hoping that Hollywood stars and celebrities can help get Americans more excited about Obamacare.
A gay couple is explaining their headache with the taxation system after the Supreme Court ruling.
Missouri Club for Growth:
The Missouri Club for Growth advocates for limited government intrusion into the lives of Missourians.
George Zimmerman rescued a family of 4 last week after pulling them out of their overturned SUV.
- Zimmerman helped pull family from overturned SUV. (The Washington Post)
- The family George Zimmerman rescued from horrific car wreck on highway last week. (Daily Mail)
Sizzurp/ Purple Drank:
The internet has been buzzing about Trayvon Martin's purchases the night of his death and their possible link to a homemade drug.
- How Skittles became s symbol of Trayvon Martin's innocence. (The Guardian)
- Trayvon's Skittles, Arizona Iced Tea and something called "Purple Drank." (Examiner)
There is talk that rapper Lil' Wayne's seizure problem is linked to this homemade drug.
- Lil' Wayne seizures: is cough syrup the cause? (The Guardian)
- Lil' Wayne seizure puts spotlight on rappers' use of Sizzurp. (LA Times)
Al Qaeda is taking responsibility for attacking Abu Ghraib and freeing inmates.
San Diego Mayor:
Gloria Allred is representing the San Diego's former director of Communications in a lawsuit regarding sexual harassment.
- San Diego mayor sued by former aide charging sexual harassment. (Reuters)
- San Diego Mayor's ex-staffer details alleged sexual harassment: "worst time of my entire life." (NBC San Diego)
Things we didn't get to: