Nick Reed's Must Read
June 13, 2014: Iraq Problems, Testy Hillary, MO Legislation
Hillary Clinton Head Shot Image by MGN Online
A group of terrorists called ISIS, who were too extreme even for Al Qaeda, have started causing a lot of problems in Iraq.
- US secretly flying drones over Iraq. (Wall Street Journal)
- Iraq's terrorists are becoming a full-blown army. (The Daily Beast)
- Lack of intelligence: what CIA chief said is "never going to happen" is happening in Iraq and Syria. (Washington Examiner)
A NPR host asked Hillary Clinton if her stance on gay marriage was only a political move- she didn't react well.
- Hillary Clinton lashes out at NPR host during tense interview about gay marriage. (NY Daily News)
- Hillary Clinton gets testy over gay marriage. (Politico)
House Bill 1085- Expands library record privacy to include digital resources and materials and adds a third party contracted by a library to the list of those who cannot release a library record
House Bill 1090- Allows any Department of Corrections employee who has accrued overtime hours to use those hours as compensatory leave time
House Bill 1092- Changes the laws regarding child protection
Senate Bill 582- Modifies provisions relating to taxation
Senate Bill 609- Modifies applicability of electronic communication of insurance documents to other provisions of law
Senate Bill 610- Extends consumer protections against predatory business practices by contractors to owners of commercial properties
Branson's Billy Dean will performing at the Grand Ole Opry on June 17th.