Must Read- June 4, 2014: Hungry Kids, Dems on Bergdahl, Freedom of Press
Five kids running out of a school building Image by MGN Online
Greene County Administrator:
Greene County Administrator, Tim Smith, was announced as the new Springfield City Manager.
- Top Greene Co. official jumps to "intriguing" position. (News-Leader)
Flash back to when Greene County was making budget cuts...
- Yes, county administrator had his pay slashed. (News-Leader)
Russia was flexing its muscle trying to make a statement.
- Russian Jet, US plane nearly collide in Top Gun-like showdown over Pacific. (Washington Times)
Let's Make A Deal:
Kortni & her sister made an appearance yesterday on Let's Make A Deal. Check out the episode.
Rights for Journalists:
A journalist is facing jail time after refusing to reveal his source. Now there is talk about creating a law protecting reporters from something like this.
- Supreme Court rejects appeal from Times reporter over refusal to identify sources. (New York Times)
- Push for federal shield law begins. (Washington Free Beacon)
What do we know about stats that are being touted about starving children in America?
Democrats like Senator McCaskill are now silent after their very vocal celebration regarding the release of Sgt. Bergdahl.
- Senate Democrats go AWOL. (The Weekly Standard)
His squad leader is revealing that Bergdahl was actively seeking out the Taliban.
- He's actively seeking out the Taliban... all the attacks were far more directed. (National Review Online)
- Bergdahl's team leader drops unsettling details about what happened after the soldier "deserted" army base. (The Blaze)
In 2010 they called off searching for Bergdahl.