Must Read- March 13, 2014: Abortion Legislation, Montana Petition, Sue Obama
Male and Female with gavel Image by MGN Online
We are hearing more about missing Malaysia flight 370.
- US investigators suspect missing airplane few on for hours. (Wall Street Journal)
One restaurant closes, and another opens a new location.
- Carlos O'Kelly's closes after almost 2 decades in business. (News-Leader)
- McSalty's opening new restaurant in downtown Springfield. (KY3)
Montana Elected Office:
A petition is circulating in Montana to require an equal number of men and women in the legislature.
- Montana ballot measure urging equal number of men, women in legislature passes first test. (Fox News)
The Planned Parenthood representative in a committee hearing on HB1845 was against something in the bill that Planned Parenthood already does.
- Chairman tells committee to ignore testimony that abortion bill is politically motivated. (News-Leader)
- Representative Sonya Anderson R- District 1845
Suing the President:
There is a new bill that would allow lawmakers to use the president if they fail to follow the law.
- Obama threatens vetoes of bills requiring him to follow the law. (Washington Examiner)
- House passes bill making it easier for Congress to sue the president. (Washington Post)
Author of the week:
"The Lie is a nail-biting thriller, pulsing with insight into the inner workings of Israel’s security apparatus."
The next Springfield Symphony Ochestra performance "Seville, Sibelius, and Sean Chen" is this Saturday.