Must Read- March 21, 2014: MO Parental Rights, School Funding
Three generations of family Image by MGN Online- C&FC Neighborhood
Freedom of the Press:
After traveling to the White House, a Phoenix reporter says that Jay Carney gets his questions from the press before his press conference. Then after she lands back home, she changes her story.
- "My mistake and I own up to it": Phoenix reporter reverses course, says White House Press Secretary Jay Carney DOESN'T get daily briefing questions in advance. (Daily Mail)
Ellen had President Obama on her show to talk about how great Obamacare is for Americans.
- Ellen sucks up to Obama: Obamacare "doing very, very well.. I think everyone's very greatful you did this." (Newsbusters)
There is a new comission on poverty in Springfield.
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for its constitutionality.
There's Missouri legislation dealing with parental rights.
- Missouri measure would enshrine parental rights. (Washington Times)
- HJR 56
- Representative Todd Richardson R-District 152
A report is ranking Missouri 14th highest when it comes to sales tax.
- Missouri sales tax rates rank 14th highest. (St. Louis Post- Dispatch)
A report is showing that Missouri has a funding shortfall of $600 million and some school districts are feeling the pinch.
- Missouri school funding gap hits some more than others. (CBS St. Louis)