Must Read- March 4, 14: Obamacare Alternatives, Sen. Brian Nieves, Transphobia
Family icon, caduceus with Obamacare background Image by MGN Online
The Obamacare deadline is quickly approaching. Americans are saying they dissatisfied with Obamacare, some are finding an alternative in health care sharing ministries.
- Christian alternative to Obamacare growing fast as deadline nears. (Fox News)
- One in three says they've been personally hurt by Obamacare. (National Review Online)
- Friendly reminder: deadline to sign up for Obamacare is March 31st. (Town Hall)
The Obamacare law is being re-written once again and Obama is illegally altering the law.
Naquasia LeGrand has become the face of raising the minimum wage to $15/hour.
- Meet the 22-year-old KFC employee taking the minimum wage fight to the White House. (Huffington Post)
- Naquasia LeGrand, KFC employee, says fast-food workers need better pay, and companies can afford it. (International Business Times)
A US military base in Japan held its first drag show.
Ellen DeGeneres is being called transphobic (Intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people) after her Academy Award joke about Liza Minnelli.
- Ellen DeGeneres called "transphobic" after Liza Minnelli Oscar joke. (Huffington Post)
Energy Efficient Buildings:
We are learning that buildings with LEED certification aren't always the most energy efficient buildings.
- Report: DC's green-approved buildings using more energy. (Daily Caller)
Missouri Politics/ Senator Brian Nieves:
People are trying to figure out what is going on with Brian Nieves' Senate seat.
Brian Nieves has been known to be a bit of a crazy hot-head.
- State Rep. Brian Nieves accused of assaulting political rival. (Riverfront Times)
- Senator Brian Nieves writes insane emails to constituents who doesn't want his newsletters. (Riverfront Times)
- Heated facebook feud over Locke & Smith nominations continues into today. (News-Leader)
- Stranger than fiction. (eMissourian)
The Route 66 Candy Shop is offering free fudge on Fat Tuesday for people over 300 pounds.