Must Read- March 7, 14: Mind Reading App, MO Education Budget
Girl Wearing Google Glass Image by MGN Online
A new app for Google Glass reads people's emotions and then sends people targeted advertising.
- Google glass app reads your emotions. (PC Magazine)
The University of Missouri president was in Springfield talking about funding for higher education.
- House budget plan less generous to colleges than Nixon's. (News-Leader)
Under proposed legislation, students headed to college may be forced to get meningitis shots.
A bill would require a fee up to $1.50 per cell phone line to fund 9-1-1
- Legislature mulls cell phone fee for Missouri 9-1-1 center. (KY3)
- House Bill 1573
- Representative Jeanie Lauer D-District 032
Missouri's minimum wage is currently $7.35/hour. The federal government is debating if minimum wage should be raised to $10.10.
- Would a $10.10 minimum wage really cost 50,000 jobs? Obama and CEO at odds. (Christian Science Monitor)
- Unprecedented minimum wage hike would hurt jobs and the economy. (The Heritage Foundation)