Must Read- May 16, 2014: Springfield Crime, Black Kids Swimming
Police Tape Image by MGN Online
The odds of being a victim of a crime in Springfield is 1 in 21. We ranked 32nd for murder which put us as the 5th most dangerous mid-sized city.
- Springfield among most dangerous mid-sized cities. (KSPR)
- Top 10 most dangerous mid-sized cities. (Movoto)
Christian County Sheriff Department:
Some are nervous about the Christian County sheriff's department obtaining a mine-resistant military vehicle.
Gov. Jay Nixon:
Gov. Nixon paid $390,000 in dues to the National Governor's Association out of the Children's Division budget.
- Missouri Governor dues paid from children's budget. (KSPR)
- Missouri GOP ciriticize how Gov. Jay Nixon pays National Governor Association fees. (The Kansas City Star)
Black People Swimming:
A government study is showing that swimming is more dangerous to black children and youth.
- In pools, young blacks drown at far higher rates. (USA Today)