Must Read- May 23, 2014: Mark Cuban's Comments, Urban Chickens, Medicaid Expansion
Urban Chickens Image by MGN Online
After Mark Cuban said that Sterling should lose his NBA team over his private "racist" comments, Mark Cuban is being called a "racist" for talking about black kids in hoodies in public.
- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban offers apology to Trayvon Martin's family after making "black kid in a hoodie" remark. (NY Daily News)
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban: "I have prejudices; everyone does." (CNN)
There are questions about weather GM waited to recall vehicles till the government sold off their shares of the company.
- GM sure recalled a lot of cars right after the feds sold their shares. (The Federalists)
Nixa Urban Chickens:
A group of citizens are collecting signatures in Nixa to petition the council for urban chickens after the council turned down a bill allowing chickens in Nixa.
- Nixa city council strikes down urban chicken bill. (News-Leader)
- Backyard hens FAQ's (Life TransPlant)
- Nixa Watch on Facebook
The Senate stopped a vote on a VA accountability bill that was passed with bipartisan support in the House.
- Senators block VA accountability bill. (CNS News)
- HR 4031- Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act of 2014
An ex-pentagon spokesperson gave his thoughts on how veterans are being treated in the VA system.
Gun Free Zone:
A sign saying reading weapons allowed, didn't stop a North Carolina restaurant from being robbed at gunpoint on May 19th.
Missouri legislature failed to kill Common Core in Missouri during this last session.
While most Republicans spent the 2014 session fighting medicaid expansion, Republican Rep. Morris is working with Rep. Messinger to expand Medicaid in Missouri.
- Nixa Republican to develop Medicaid expansion plan. (News-Leader)
- Medicaid expansion in Missouri looking more likely. (Kansas City Star)
- Medicaid Expansion Press Release
Learn the best way to have a discussion with someone about an issue.