Must Read- May 30, 2014: Michelle Obama on Potatoes, Economy Shrinks
a stack on white potatoes Image by MGN Online
Michelle Obama is upset at congress for considering adding the white potato to the WIC program.
- The campaign for junk food. (New York Times)
- You say potato, Mrs. Obama. I say, please stop mircromanaging our diets and our schools. (Time)
The families of 9/11 victims were concerned about a cheese plate in the shape of the United States that had hearts where the planes crashed. The plate has been removed from the gift shop.
- Families of 9/11 victims given say in products sold in memorial gift shop. (KSGF)
- 9/11 museum yanks commemorative cheese platter after outrage. (ABC News)
This has been the worst first quarter since 2011.
- For first time in 3 years, US economy shrinks. (Chicago Tribune)
Senate Bill 506- Modifies provisions relating to agriculture.
House Bill 1326- Changes the law regarding agriculture.
Right to Farm- Missouri Residents will get to vote on this issue, but the wording will be misleading.
- HJR 11 & 7
- Rep. Bill Reiboldt R- District 160
- HJR 11 & 7 Voting record. (Project Vote Smart)
- Republican MO Congress members supporting "right to farm" constitutional amendment. (TribTown)
A new federal database is keeping track of your financial data.
- How long will it be till federal database with 227 million American's financial data is hacked? (Washington Examiner)