Must Read- May 6, 2014: MO Tax Cuts, Nixon Impeachment, Downtown Riot
Image by Missouri
MO Tax Cut:
Lawmakers may decide to take a vote on 509 and override the governor's veto on tax cuts.
- MO House plans Tuesday vote to override Nixon's veto of tax cut. (PoliticMo)
- Senate votes to override Nixons tax cut veto. (News-Leader)
- Senate Bill 509
A militant Islamic, Boko Haram, group kidnapped around 200 girls at an all-girls school and is threatening to sell them because Allah has instructed them to.
- Nigerian Islamist leader threatens to sell kidnapped girls. (New York Times)
- Nigeria's Boko Haram threatens to sell kidnapped schoolgirls. (Reuters)
The House is going to be dropping the issue of attempting to impeach Governor Nixon.
- Missouri house will not attempt to impeach Governor Nixon. (Ozarks First)
Downtown Springfield Riot:
The morning of Sunday, April 27th there was riot in downtown Springfield. An officer is under review after an exchange with a woman. Video is being released of what happened.
- Video show downtown fight; use of force under review. (News-Leader)
According to a new report issued by the Obama administration, climate change isn't a thing of the future... it's here!
- Climate Change Report
- White House climate change report unveils dire warning, calls for action. (Chicago Tribune)