Must Read- May 8, 2014: Tanning Teens, Castle Doctrine, Sequestration Job Loss
Tanning Bed Image by MGN Online
After HGTV announced the Benham twins would star in a new reality house-flipping show, Right Wing Watch took to action to pressure HGTV to cancel the show because of the brother's Christian beliefs. HGTV canceled the show yesterday.
- HGTV pulls new home-flipping series after report emerges identifying its stars as anti-gay activists. (Deadline Hollywood)
- Christian twins lose TV show after fan backlash. (Newsmax)
- HGTV picks anti-gay, anti-choice extremist for new reality TV show. (Right Wing Watch)
- Benham Brothers
A teacher in the Kansas City area is under review after things he posted on his personal twitter page.
- Shawnee Mission North teacher in trouble over tweets. (KCTV 5)
- Students rally to support suspended SNB teacher. (Fox 4 News)
Remember during Sequestration the Obama administration was saying the world is going to end and everyone was going to lose their jobs?
- Despite doomsday prediction, report finds only 1 layoff from sequester cuts. (Fox News)
- Sequester resulted in one layoff. (Washington Free Beacon)
In summer of 2013 Harry Reid said 1.6 Million jobs were already lost do to sequestration.
There is legislation to cover people like babysitters and visiting relatives in Missouri's Castle Doctrine.
The MO Senate passed a bill that would require parental signature for teens 17 and under if they wanted to tan.
Author of the Week:
Tod Starnes of Fox News has released his new book.
- God Less America: Real Stories From the Front Lines of the Attack on Traditional Values
- ABC Books on Facebook