Must Read- Nov. 18, 2013: Lobbyist Gifts, MO Tax Code, Cheney Facebook Fight
Gay wedding bride figurines Image by MGN Online- Wiki Commons
Gifts from Lobbyists:
A new ranking is showing how much Missouri politicians have taken from lobbyists.
MO Tax Code:
Gov. Nixon said that gay couples who were legally married in another state and residing in Missouri will be allowed to file taxes jointly.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon shifts left politically. (Kansas City Star)
- Missouri to allow joint tax returns for legally married same-sex couples. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Rep. Nick Marshall (R-Parkville) says he plans to file impeachment paperwork against Gov. Nixon for violating Missouri law.
Cheney's on Gay Marriage:
Liz Cheney said she is against gay marriage on Sunday morning which caused a family rift on Facebook with her sister Mary and her partner Heather.
- Cheney sisters take their gay marriage fight to Facebook. (The Atlantic Wire)
- Cheney Feud over same sex marriage flares on Facebook. (NBC)
Democrat Senator Gillibrand won't narrow her bill on rape in the miliary to mirror a bill like Senator McCaskill's which is backed by the Pentagon.
- Gillibrand won't narrow sexual assault bill. (The Hill)
After Alec Baldwin's latest gay slur against a photographer, he has been suspended from his MSNBC show for two weeks.
William P. White was let go on Friday after a comment he made regarding the Affordable Care Act.
- Fired: DC insurance commissioner tried to apologize for criticizing Obamacare fix. (Washington Post)