Must Read- Nov. 21, 2013: Insurance Cancellations, Springfield Smoking, Nixon Impeachment Ban
Box of Cigarettes Image by MGN Online
Presidential Medal of Freedom:
President Obama awarded 16 people with the Medal of Freedom. "It recognizes those individuals who have made an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors"
- Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey among 16 honored at White House. (NPR)
- Obama honors 16 people with Presidential Medal of Freedom. (CNN)
Here's a list of who has won the award in the past.
- List of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients. (Wikipedia)
Another wave of Americans could loose their insurance due to Obamacare. It's being predicted that it could be anywhere from 50 to 100 million people.
- Second wave of health plan cancellations loom. (Fox News)
The term Obamacare seems to be disappearing from the lips of Democrats.
- Obamacare then, Affordable Care Act now. (Washington Free Beacon)
A Colorado man has successfully registered his Yorkie for Obamacare.
Springfield Smoking Ban:
Smoking in Springfield could see even more restrictions if council member Craig Hosmer's bill passes.
- Smoking ban proposed for Park Central square. (News-Leader)
Sylvia Browne, a psychic whose predictions were hit and miss, passed away this morning in San Jose.
- Renowned psychic, bestselling author, Sylvia Browne dies at 77. (CNN)
- World famous psychic dead. (TMZ)
Rep. Nick Marshall of Parkville wants to file articles of impeachment against Gov. Jay Nixon for going against the Missouri constitution when it comes to gay couples filing jointly on tax returns.
Author of the Week:
"Today (the left) has become the dominant force in America's academic and media cultures."
Wallsburg forgot, once again, to hold an election on November 5th.
- Nobody Home: Utah town forgets to hold election. (ABC News)
Parent Arrested in School:
A Tennessee dad was arrested when he was trying to pick up his child from school because he went inside the school to get the kid rather than waiting in the drive-thru line.
- Tennessee man gets arrested while trying to pick up kids at school. (NY Daily News)
- VIDEO: Dad arrested after objecting when school says he must wait to take his children home. (The Blaze)
Texas drivers were asked to voluntarily provide DNA and take breathalyzer tests.
- Texas drivers "forced off the road" and asked for DNA blood samples in return for cash. (Daily Mail)
- Drivers pulled over, asked for DNA and blood samples by federal contractors. (Washington Times)
The US Army thinks they need to start using more ugly girls in photos.
- Female soldiers branded "too pretty" for Army publicity shots as internal email advises only "ugly" girls to be used in future. (Daily Mail)
- Army says GI Janes shouldn't look too pretty in pictures. (Washington Times)
the Israeli army doesn't mind showing off their hotties.
- 10 smokin' hot, trained killers of the Israeli Army. (Daily Caller)
- Beautiful girls of the Israeli Army. (The Chive)
- Israeli Soldier Girls. (Facebook)