Must Read- Nov 22, 2013: Filibuster Nuclear Option, Obamacare Sticker Shock
Filibuster fight between Republicans and Democrats Image by MGN Online
Filibuster/ Nuclear Option:
The US Senate has given President Obama more power when it comes to his appointments.
- Reid, Democrats trigger "nuclear" option; eliminate most filibusters on nominees. (Washington Post)
- Orrin Hatch: Reid caved to "Hard left" on Nuclear Option. (Newsmax)
- Obama applauds filibuster rule change. (USA Today)
Flashback to 2005...
- Obama in 2005: if Republicans kill filibuster, "Gridlock will only get worse." (Mediaite)
- Obama opposed eliminating filibuster in 2005. (Newsbusters)
Health care costs for those over 59 have gone up 3 to 4 times higher than what they were paying before.
- Older hill aides shocked by Obamacare prices. (Politico)
Locke & Smith Foundation:
The Locke & Smith Foundation analyzes Missouri legislation for its constitutionality.
How bad was corruption in the past?
- Sex in the Senate. (Politico)
Springfield Animal Control:
The aminal issues task force is looking for what to do with the animal control issue. The Humane Society has asked to be merged with animal control, but some have worries about this since they are a kil shelter.
- Springfield city council weighs animal options. (News-Leader)
- Humane Society's euthanasia policy complicates talk of deal with city. (News-Leader)
- VIDEO: Will the Humane Society take over animal control? (KSPR)
Vindicated Inc. is a graphic novel created and drawn by a Springfield resident.