Must Read- Oct. 14, 2013: Senator Nieves Attacks, Greene Co. Use Tax, Redskins Name is Racist
Washington Redskins Logo with football background Image by MGN Online
The mob put out a hit on Carson because he flirted with a mob power-player's girlfriend. Carson was held up in his apartment for three days till a deal was made.
- Mob wanted Johnny Carson dead for flirting. (New York Post)
- Mafia boss put a contract out on Johnny Carson after he drunkenly chatted up the wrong girl. (Daily Mail)
Senator Brian Nieves:
State Senator Nieves had some opinions of Tom Martz of the Locke & Smith Foundation.
- Facebook feud erupts between state senator, Springfield business owner. (News-Leader)
- Locke & Smith Foundation on Facebook
- Senator Brian Nieves (R- District 26)
Greene County Use Tax:
There will be a use tax on the Tuesday, November 5th ballot in Greene County.
- Making sense of the proposed use tax. (News-Leader)
- Greene County website explains vote on use tax. (News-Leader)
- Greene County Sample ballot for November 5, 2013
Senator Ted Cruz (R- TX) won the Values Voter Summit straw poll with 42 percent over Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, and Santorum.
- Cruz wins key conservative straw polls. (The Washington Post)
On Sunday night Bob Costas said that the name Redskins "can't possibly honor a heritage."
Tom Hanks Movie:
The crew of the ship that was overtaken by Somali pirates say Capt. Phillips is no hero.
- Crew members: "Captain Phillips" is one big lie. (New York Post)
People in 17 states found their EBT cards were not working over the weekend because of a computer glitch.
- Computer glitch blamed for nationwide EBT system shutdown on Saturday. (CBS Boston)
- EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana. (CBS News)