Must Read- Oct. 3, 2013: Obamacare Hardship Exemptions, Greene Co Use Tax
President Obama Health Care Image by MGN Online
When the government spying program was made aware to citizens the Obama administration said it has stopped 54 terrorist threats. Now it is being revealed it stopped 1, maybe 2 threats.
- NSA chief's administration of misleading numbers adds to Obama administration blunders. (Washington Times)
Fox News' website is referring to the government shutdown as a slimdown since many government entities are still open and working.
- Fox News site: It's a government "slimdown." (Politico)
The government shut down the part of the IRS that gives money back to citizens, but not the part that takes money.
- IRS collecting money but not sending tax refunds during shutdown. (Washington Times)
WWII veterans ignored blockades at the WWII memorial.
After a guy was denied benefits, he threatened to shoot up a school. This caused several campuses to go on lockdown on Wednesday. At the same time someone on the Drury Campus someone flashed a gun at someone parking.
- Threat results in campus lockdowns. (News-Leader)
We are learning about hardship exemptions under the ACA. These exemptions would keep you from having to pay the fee for not having healthcare coverage.
- Obamacare exemptions to Affordable Care Act fines exist, but only for certain people. (The Inquisitr)
- How do I get an exemption from the fee for not having health coverage. (HealthCare.gov)
Jimmy Kimmel did a segment to see if people knew the difference between Obamacare and the Affordable Health Care Act.
Harry Reid put his foot in his mouth when it came to helping kids with cancer.
- Help kids with cancer? Reid asks "why would we want to do that?" (Fox news)
- VIDEO: listen to the question about a child with cancer that appeared to stump Harry Reid. (The Blaze)
Shepherd of the Hills is citing federal health care as one of the many reasons they are closing.
Some signing up for Obamcare may end up with a cell phone.
- Obamacare phones offered to health insurance buyers. (The Daily Caller)
Boehner was working with Democrats when it came to Obamacare exemptions.
- Harry Reid's office leaks Boehner office emails- and it could ruin any faith you have in Washington. (The Blaze)
Author of the Week:
"This inspirational and practical guide for conservatives combines stories from Lady Thatcher’s life with principles and strategies conservatives can apply to their challenges today."
- Margaret Thatcher on Leadership: Lessons on American Conservatives Today
- ABC Books on North Glenstone
Greene County Use Tax:
Elections are five weeks away and Greene County wants to implement a new use tax.
- Committee forms to promote passage of Greene County use tax. (News-Leader)