Must Read- Oct. 4, 2013: Spfld Lockdown, Attack on McCaskill
Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) Image by US Senate Photo
Rep. Gohmert, who is also a veteran, called Senator McCaskill ignorant. He claims she was using the WWII veterans at the memorial for political gain. Meanwhile, VP Joe Biden called the park ranger trying to stop WWII veterans from seeing the memorial.
Many government program are fearful of what will happen with the shutdown.
- Help for women, children to continue through October despite federal shutdown. (News-Leader)
- Shutdown in 3rd day with bigger trouble looming. (News-Leader)
- Food assistance to women and children to continue through October despite federal shutdown. (News-Leader)
- Panel discueese solutions for critical issues facing children. (News-Leader)
- Community at critical juncture, child advocates say. (News-Leader)
On Hardball, Chris Matthews suggested a book called "Killing O'Reilly."
- Chris Matthews suggests "Killing O'Reilly." (Politico)
Only 1% of Americans enrolled for Obamacare on the first day of open enrollment.
- Rare health exchange enrollee gets 15 minutes of fame. (Politico)
- Total number of enrollees yesterday in Louisiana's new health-insurance exchange: Zero? (Hot Air)
The guy who made threats during a phone call to the Social Security office and caused the lockdown in Springfield was released without charges.
- Broad threat forces lockdown, mass confusion. (KSPR)
- Threat results in campus lockdowns. (News-Leader)
US/ Mexico Border:
Border Patrol management has told agents to stand down and stop tracking illegals, human traffickers, and drug smugglers.
Locke & Smith Foundation:
The Locke & Smith Foundation checks constitutionality of Missouri legislation.
The Texas Tenors are performing in Branson at the Starlite Theater
Miriam Carey caused a stir in DC after driving into a barracade. Capitol police to shoot her to death.